Taking a Chance on Love



Home

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
A Message To All Readers!!
Chapter 9

The next day..

"Okay, if you'll just sign here," Rob Hennigar instructed. Skye obliged, then Jax, then Jerry, then Courtney, then Tracy, then AJ and finally, Carly.

"All right, then, it's official," continued Rob. "Titans is in business!"

"Great. Thanks Rob," said Jax, shaking his laywer and friend's hand.

"Best of luck to you," Rob said, heading for the door. Jax saw him out and then returned to the group.

"Well, I think this calls for a toast," he said. He poured a glass of champagne for Carly, Jerry and Tracy, and sparkling cider for Courtney, AJ, Skye and himself.

"To Titans, the most dominating business Port Charles will ever see," he said raising his glass.

"Sonny Corinthos won't know what hit him," Skye added. The group clinked glasses.

Skye couldn't be happier with how smoothly everything was going. Rob had gotten all the paperwork done quickly and efficiently, and the seven members were all civil with each other, and more than eager to get started. No one had started a fight, or at least not yet; it seemed everyone had put their rivalries or dislikes aside and had just been ready to get down to business. Everyone bought 14% of the company's shares. The extra 2 percent went to Tracy, who would be CEO. Skye would be too busy as CEO of ELQ to head Titans as well, and Jax wanted the time to raid other corporations. Jerry and Courtney had little business experience, Carly had Club 101 to worry about, and so it came down to AJ and Tracy. Tracy had several years more experience under her belt, plus everyone agreed she had the persona of a tough, take-no-prisoners CEO. So, Tracy would head the company, but everyone would still have their say. They all agreed to make it a very democratic company; no one would make an important decision without running it past the others. They had to work together to be successful, and so far, Skye noted, things were going just perfectly.

"Titans' first official meeting...how does tomorrow sound?" Tracy suggested.

"Sounds good," said Carly.

"We'll be there," Skye said. Jax nodded, as did the others.

"All right then. We'll meet at 7 pm tomorrow in the new Titans' office."

Earlier that morning, they had bought out the former office room that a computer company had used before moving to a different location. It was on the floor above the ELQ office, making it a perfect spot for the two companies to compare stats. They had picked out all the stuff for it, and it was to be set up later that day.

"OK, Auntie, we'll see you at 7 then," AJ said with a grin. He knew Tracy hated nicknames like that.

"Childish as always, I see," Tracy retorted. "But yes, I will see you at 7, and you had better not be late, or I might have to follow Father's earlier idea, and designate you to buying the office pencils and paperclips."

"Ooh, the threats start already," he said, laughing, as he and Courtney headed for the door, holding hands. "Let the games begin."

"I have to go pick up Michael from Cubs," said Carly. "See you all tomorrow."

Skye, Jax, Jerry and Tracy sat down on the couch.

"More champagne or cider, anyone?" Jax offered.

Tracy held up her glass, and Jax filled it up.

"So, how's being back in Port Charles, Tracy?" he asked.

"It's the same dormant old town as always," she said with a sigh.

"Ahh, but it has its charm," Jax replied, and added with a wink, "and the ladies aren't bad either." He kissed Skye on the cheek.

"So, Tracy, does the family know you're back?" asked Skye.

"No, unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of dropping by that wretched mansion yet," Tracy answered.

"So they don't even know you married Jerry?"

"Won't ol' Edward just love that?" Jerry said with a sly grin.

"I'll bet," Jax replied. "And what will Ned think?"

"Oh, I assume he'll disapprove, the ungrateful boy. So how is my wayward son? Still making racket and wearing leather pants?"

Jax laughed. "Well he's working with ELQ again, but I think he still moonlights at Jake's a little."

Tracy shook her head. "That son of mine, has no sense in his mind at all. The last I spoke with mother, she informed me that he's dating a singer who takes pleasure in rearranging other people's furniture. Good Lord."

"That's Kristina," Jax said. "No, she's quirky, but she's all right. But she and Ned aren't seeing each other any more. They agreed they were better off as friends, because Ned never really stopped loving Alexis."

"Well, she isn't my ideal daughter-in-law either, but at least it's an improvement," Tracy replied. "Are she and Ned back together?"

"I think they're slowly finding their way back together. She's working for Sonny, unfortunately. That puts a huge roadblock in any romantic plans, but they're trying to get past it. I hope for their sake that Corinthos doesn't screw up their lives. They really belong together."

"That didn't stop you from marrying her!" Jerry quipped.

"Aw shut up Jerry," Jax shot back. Skye just laughed; Jax had filled her in on all the details of the mixed-marrieds catastrophe.

"Well perhaps Ms. Davis can talk some sense into Ned. Lord knows that Katrina person wasn't helping matters."

Jax looked at Skye, then at Tracy, and grinned. "Boy, you two sure were made to be business partners," he joked.

Tracy looked at him with puzzled eyes. "I don't get it."

Skye caught on, and she and Jax began to chuckle.

"If you call him Fred, now that will be scary," Skye said. Tracy still had no clue what they were talking about so she just changed the subject.

"I would like to see the family, though, give them a piece of my mind. And I promise, I won't hire bandits to burglarize the mansion again."

This time it was Jax and Skye who had clueless expressions. Tracy just smiled to herself. Ah, Thanksgiving memories...

Just then, Skye got an idea. "Hold on," she said, dialing her cell phone. "I have a plan for a rather, oh, entertaining evening."
*******
The Quartermaine Mansion
5 minutes later....


Monica entered the livingroom to find Alan grinning widely as he hung up the phone.

"What's got you so cheerful? Did Emily call?"

Alan put his arms around his wife. "No. It was Skye."

Monica pulled out of the embrace. "Oh. How wonderful."

"She's invited the family to dinner at the Grille with her and Jax. I told her we'd go."

Monica's face soured. "Alan...."

"Monica, what harm could it do?"

"A lot of harm, if I get the urge to throw a dinner roll at her, I might do it. And then it will be Thanksgiving World War 3 all over again. Except Rae won't be there......Rae isn't going to be there, is she?"

"No, Skye didn't mention Rae at all, and Monica, there will be no roll-throwing. I expect that everyone can act civilized for an hour, can't we?"

"I can't make any promises," Monica said flatly.

"Monica....."

"Alan, you know how I feel about her."

"Yes I do, and it upsets me greatly, Monica. I love my daughter. But I also love my wife. I just wish the two of you could get along."

"Tell that to Skye."

Alan sighed. "I know she doesn't exactly treat you great either, Monica. But it has to start somewhere. Why can't it start with you?"

"Oh, I don't know..."

"Please Monica. Come to the dinner. She says she has a great surprise for us."

"A surprise? How lovely!" Alan turned to see Lila and Edward enter the room.

"Who has a surprise?" Edward asked.

"Skye. She invited us to dinner, as a family, because she has a surprise for us."

"That sounds splendid!" Lila exclaimed.

"Oh God." Edward groaned. "I can just see it now...overturned tables, food everywhere....you said no, didn't you Alan?"

"I accepted her invitation, of course. She sounded really excited. She and Jax are-"

"Jasper Jacks is going to be there? Oh well forget it." Edward said crossly.

"Now now, Edward, Jax is a very lovely young man."

"I know why you think so. Heavens knows he flirts with you enough."

"Why, Edward, are you jealous?" Lila replied coyly.

Edward moaned. "Lila, the man can't be trusted, and furthermore-"

"We'd be happy to go, Alan." Lila cut him off.

"But-"

Lila looked at him fiercely. "We're going." Sighing, Edward backed down.

"That's great." Alan said with a happy smile. "I'll call Ned to tell him."

Monica just rolled her eyes. Here we go again...
*****
PC Grille
2 hours later...


The Qs sat at their usual table: Monica, Alan, Edward, Lila, Ned, AJ and Courtney. They were waiting for Skye and Jax to arrive, and were doing their best not to start an argument before they even took their drink orders.

Just then, Ned noticed something. "Hey, why are there four empty seats?"

AJ grinned.

"Junior? Something you're not telling us?"

"Just wait and see," he answered. Just then, he saw the four guests arrive in the doorway. He rubbed his hands together: this was going to be good.