Taking a Chance on Love



Home

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
A Message To All Readers!!
Epilogue

The lakehouse

It was the middle of the night, two days later. Looking around the room, she could hardly believe what had transpired just 48 hours before.

A mob hitman had been instructed to shoot Skye when she came out into the hallway. Obviously, they had assumed her to be guilty, and figured that she'd be on her way to prison upon leaving the courtroom.

Then Becca had shown up and tried to strangle her, just as the gunman was aiming his shot. The two had fallen to the ground, blood everywhere. Jax had rushed to them, and, thank God, Skye had shakily gotten up. She had not been hit- Becca had! They had rushed her to the hospital, and she confessed to everything before taking her last breath. Connie was a mess. She had witnessed two murders in the past two weeks, one of which was her own mother. She had no relatives to take her in. She had been in protective custody, and they were trying to find a home for her. There was a couple in Switzerland that had been looking to adopt, so they were trying to arrange something with them.

Skye and Jax, meanwhile, had secretly moved into the lakehouse. He had filled her in on the threats he had received, presumably, from the mob. She had wished he had told her sooner, but understood his reasoning for withholding it. And even though the truth had come out that Becca was the killer and not Skye, Jax still didn't want to take any chances with her safety. They had no choice but to leave Port Charles, at least until the mob rumblings died down.

They would stay in Rae Cummings' abandoned house until they could find something better. Rae knew all about it, and she was going to give Skye her keys to let them in. So, Skye and Jax would be starting a new life for themselves in Llanview, for the time being at least. She was kind of excited at the prospect of living close to her mother, which came as a surprise. But, it would be hard to leave behind the people she had grown to love.

Just then Jax put his arm around her shoulder. "Are you just about ready?"

"Yeah," she replied. "Just let me say my last goodbyes." Jax nodded.

She first approached Alan. He took her hands in his own.

"I'm really going to miss you, Skye."

"I'll miss you too, Dad. I'm sorry we didn't get to spend as much time together as we should have."

"Me too."

She gave him a hug. "You've been a pretty great dad," she whispered.

"And you've been a pretty great daughter." He smiled at her. She smiled back.

"And don't worry, I'll make sure that none of the gossip-mongers back at the house find out where you are."

Skye let out a shaky laugh. "Okay....Love you."

She then went up to AJ and Courtney, and gave her brother a big hug. "I love you so much," she said softly, a tear making its way down her cheek.

"I love you too, Sis," he replied, a sad smile on his face. "Have a good life in Llanview. Be safe."

Skye nodded. "Oh, AJ, I have something for you." She handed him an envelope. "Open it."

AJ complied, then got a mystified look on his face. "You're giving me control of ELQ??"

"And my shares of Titans. You can split them with Courtney, so you two won't have to put up with Tracy's crap anymore."

"My God..." AJ said, shaking his head in disbelief. "Thank you."

"Yeah, thanks, Skye," Courtney echoed. "I hope you and Jax are happy in Llanview." She hesitated, but Skye smiled, then gave her a hug too.

"Be good to my brother," she whispered.

"I will."

Jax had finished up saying good-bye to Jerry and Alexis.

"Well, I think it's time for us to get going," Jax said. He took Skye's hand. "Ready?"

"Ready."

The two headed out the door so they could drive to the airport, where Jax's jet was waiting to take them to Llanview. Before Skye closed the door, she turned around and waved goobye to her loved ones. Then she took a deep breath, closed the door, and got in Jax's car.

Goodbye Port Charles, she thought. Hello Llanview.

THE END!!!