Taking a Chance on Love



Home

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
A Message To All Readers!!
Chapter 6

"You can pick up your jaw now, little brother." said Jerry. "You heard correctly."

"But...when? Why?"

"What's the matter, Jax, don't approve of your brother's new wife?" asked Tracy.

"No, it's...I'm just surprised, that's all. I didn't know you two knew each other." Jax replied.

"We met in Paris six months ago. Tracy was doing business, I was still on the run...we got to talking, and realized we both had ties to you, Jasper-"

Just then, Skye began to giggle. They all turned to look at her.

"Sorry," she squeaked, covering her mouth with her hand. Jasper. It was funny to hear Jax be called that.

"What's so funny, Antoinette?" Jax whispered in her ear. She stopped laughing and playfully punched him in the shoulder.

"Uh, go on," Skye said.

"We wound up having dinner, and found we have a lot in common," Jerry continued. "We're both ruthless, stubborn, attracted to trouble....needless to say, that attracted us to each other." He winked.

"We started seeing each other more and more, and before we knew it, we were in love. We got married 2 weeks ago." Tracy added.

"Well...." Jax said, unsure of what to make of all this, "...I guess if you're happy, then I'm happy for you." Skye nodded in agreement.

"But why did you come here?" Jax asked.

"Even though I've given my shares of ELQ to Skye, I still take an interest in the business," Tracy said. "I've been checking up on things quite a bit to see how things are going. I noticed that foreign dealings were suffering, so I had some of my associates look into MC Inc., which seems to be taking control of many of our investors."

"What did they find?" asked Skye.

"You're not going to believe who's the head of the company," Jerry said with a smirk.

"Who?!" Skye shrieked.

"Your favourite enemy," Tracy said. "Sonny Corinthos."

Skye smacked her forehead and groaned. "I should have known! MC stands for Michael Corinthos. That bastard."

"But why would he sabotage a company that he holds stock in? I may hate the man, but even I know he's not that stupid." remarked Jax.

"My associates figured out that he started up MC Inc to both make himself money, and hinder ELQ at the same time. Once he successfully overtook ELQ, he was going to sell his shares so he could focus completely on MC Inc. and leave ELQ in the dust."

"We've got to stop him," Skye said angrily.

"That's why we came," Tracy said. "We can't let him win. He cheated me out of some money a few years ago and I've had it in for the jerk ever since. We're going to crush him."

"But Jerry," Jax said, "it's not safe for you to be here! What about those charges that are against you?"

"I took care of it," said Tracy. "Having friends in high places and too much money to know what to do with does have its benefits."

"The evidence against me miraculously disappeared," Jerry said with a sly grin. "The charges have been completely dropped. I can come and go in Port Charles as I please, and they can't touch me."

"Hey, that's great!" Jax exclaimed. "So does that mean you two are staying in town?"

"Definitely," Tracy replied. "We have to do something about this MC Inc. mess. Sonny has to pay."

"Well let's start brainstorming ideas," Skye said. "If there's any chance we can take ELQ back to the top and bring down Sonny at the same time, then I suggest we get started as soon as possible!"

Just as they sat down there was a knock at the door. Jax answered it.

"AJ, Courtney," he said. "What brings you here at this time of night?"

"We were still on a rush after the Nurses Ball," Courtney answered with a smile, "and we came to see if you and Skye want to go to Club 101 to celebrate our prize winning performances."

"Is Skye still here?" AJ asked.

"Yeah, she is, but....we're sort of in the middle of business right now."

"Oh I see," said Courtney. "Well AJ maybe we should leave them alone. Come on."

"Hmm. OK, well just tell my sister we dropped by and-"

"Is that AJ?" Tracy called, peeking at the door way.

"Who else do you have in there Jax? I didn't peg you as the kinky type," AJ said dryly.

"AJ, it's not what you think, really" Jax said, suppressing a laugh. "We're doing ELQ business, and-"

He was interrupted when Tracy came up to them.

"What, you don't recognize the voice of you own aunt?" she said.

"Tracy? My God, when did you ride your broom back into town?"

"A pleasure to see you too, AJ."

"They just got in tonight," Jax explained.

"They?"

"Well, you might as well come in," Jax went on. He closed the door behind AJ and Courtney and pulled up chairs for both of them.

" Jerry?" said AJ.

"That's right."

"So I take it you and Tracy are together?"

"Yep. We're married."

AJ's eyes widened in surprise. "Whoa...well, I guess stranger things have happened. Huh. Geez, you two, married? Watch out world."

"I'll ignore that out of respect for my brother's woman," Jerry said. "Now," he went on, looking at Courtney, "who's this? I don't believe we've met."

"I'm Courtney Matthews," she said, extending her hand.

"You're AJ's girlfriend?" he asked incredulously.

"Yeah," she said, smiling at AJ.

"How did a guy like you ever end up with a girl like Courtney?" he asked.

"Jerry!" Jax exclaimed.

"Sorry, just a question."

"Well I could ask the same for you and Tracy, but I think I'd be better off not knowing the sordid details," AJ said. Turning to Courtney he added, "This is Jerry Jacks, Jax's brother. And this is Tracy, my lovable aunt." He smirked.

After they had all gotten acquainted they began to talk business.

"If you're going after Corinthos, let me help any way I can," AJ said in a serious voice. Skye looked at Courtney, waiting for her reaction.

"Yeah, me too," Courtney added after a moment. "He messed with our lives way too much, and shouldn't be allowed to ruin your business too. I'll help too."

They began to discuss ideas and strategies when there was another knock at the door. Jax groaned and went to answer it.

"Carly? What's the matter?"

Carly looked really upset. "Jax, I'm glad you're here."

Just as he was about to reply, they heard Skye exclaim, "Now that is a great idea! Sonny won't know what hit him!"

Jax waited for Carly to defend him, but she surprised him with what she said.

"You're going after Sonny? Well, you can count me in."