Taking a Chance on Love



Home

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
A Message To All Readers!!
Chapter 10

"Are you ready?" Skye asked.

"For my family?" said Tracy. "Of course. The question is, are they ready?" She and Skye laughed, and they and the two Jacks men headed for the table.

At the table, the Qs were continuing their 1972357th family fight.

"Just like Skye to be late, she already causes this family enough trouble," Monica groused.

"Back off Monica, I thought we agreed to have a civil family evening," Alan said.

"It'll be a cold day in hell before we ever pull that off," she shot back.

"I don't see why you can't just-"

"Oh Alan for crying out loud, the woman is a troublemaker, I've known it from day one. She tore apart our family, and now that she's CEO of ELQ she'll tear it apart next, you just watch!"

"Uh, grandfather?" AJ said coyly. "Aren't you the one who got her in ELQ in the first place?"

"Ohhh...that was a mistake. Don't remind me. Now we just have to find away to get ELQ back in the hands of its rightful owner-"

"Why, so you can control us all again? I don't think so," Ned shot back.

"Why don't we forget about business for tonight and just enjoy our dinner?" suggested Lila.

"I think that's a good idea," Courtney replied, trying to force a smile. She squeezed AJ's hand tightly under the table. She wasn't used to this family yet!

"Aghh, I could if I weren't so worried about our family business being run into the ground!" Edward bellowed.

"Who's to say she won't make us even more money?" Alan put in.

"If that happens, she'd probably pocket it all and high-tail it out of here," Monica retorted.

"She wouldn't do that!"

"And how do you know? She's proved to be untrustworthy time and again. She's cold-hearted, manipulative, and sneaky....You know Alan, are you sure she's your daughter? She seems more like she could be-"

"Tracy's?"

Everyone looked up in surprise.

"There's no need to stare," Tracy continued, "It's rude."

Alan looked at Skye. "Skye, what-"

Skye gave them a huge, innocent smile. "Surprise!" She winked at AJ, who laughed quietly to himself.

"What, no one offers a welcome, not even a hello?" Tracy asked. "I'm hurt."

"Oh, Tracy, I'm sorry," Lila said cheerfully. "I was just so surprised! Welcome, my darling!"

Tracy made her way over to her and kissed her on the cheek. "Hello mother. It's good to see you."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Edward snarled.

"Wonderful to see you too, father," Tracy replied dryly. "And you brother," she added, glancing at Alan.

Ned got up from his chair. "But what are you doing here?"

"Ahh, my son."

"What are you up to?"

"My goodness Ned, that feng-shui princess and her attorney sister certainly have you in a twist, don't they? It's the first time you've seen me in years, and before you even say hello, you start with the accusations?

"That's very rude of you, Ned." Skye added, taking a seat next to AJ. Jax sat down beside her.

"Are you here to make off with our jewellery?" Monica spat.

"Monica! Well, my my, I see we're still wearing the cheap perfume. How classy."

"You little-"

"Now, now," Jerry cut in. "Is that any way to treat such a beautiful, kind woman?" Monica snorted in response. Kind. That was a new one.

"What in heavens' name are you doing here, Jacks?" Edward demanded of Jerry. "I thought you were off, evading the law as you hoodlums always do?"

"I guess you haven't heard, Edward," Jerry answered. "I'm a free man."

"How did you pull that off?" Ned questioned.

"All because of this wonderful lady here," Jerry said, putting his hand on Tracy's shoulder.

"Get your hands off my daughter!" Edward shouted.

"Hey, can't a man show his affection- for his wife?"

At that second, the silence was deafening. All the Qs just sat there with their jaws dropped.

Tracy smirked. "Well, aren't you going to congratulate us?"

Edward stumbled for words. "But, but, how, when, why-"

Jerry stuck out his hand. "Put 'er there, pop!"

Skye and Jax suppressed their laughter at the bewildered look on the old man's face as Jerry shook his hand firmly. Alan shook his head in disbelief. Ned still sat open-mouthed.

"I think they make a very lovely couple, don't you, AJ?" Skye asked innocently.

"Oh yes!"AJ replied. "Picture perfect." He sniffed loudly and wiped his eye. "Almost makes me tear up," he said in a sobbing tone.

"You two knew about this?" Alan demanded.

"Isn't it wonderful?" Skye responded, keeping up the act.

"Oooh, I should have known you were behind this," Edward growled.

"Quite the nice surprise, isn't it Edward?" Jax asked with a sly grin.

"You stay out of this, you no-good corporate raider!"

"Aww, that's the best you could come up with? Edward, you're slipping."

"I said stay out of it!"

"Isn't my family just delightful?" Tracy said to Jerry.

"Most definitely," he answered, smiling.

"Still think your daughter is sweet and innocent?" Monica said angrily.

"Oh, put a sock in it Monica!" Alan retorted.

"Why don't you, Alan? Monica's right!"

"Uh, I never claimed to be sweet and innocent," Skye said with phony meekness, raising her hand.

"This is all your fault!" Edward yelled.

"I think it's kind of fun," Jax said.

"Kind of like the freak show at the circus," AJ put in.

"AJ, don't make this any worse!" Alan threatened.

"Aw, AJ didn't do anything!" Skye shouted.

"Still sticking up for the bum?" Ned spat.

"Someone has to!"

"Leave AJ alone!" Courtney added.

"Everyone, please!" Lila said.

Tracy smiled. "Ahh, mother, it's alright. I've missed these oh-so-enjoyable tiffs-"

"We certainly haven't missed you!" Edward cut her off.

"Hey-" Jerry began.

"Are you ready to make your order?"

Everyone turned around. A young waitress stood by the table, nervously clutching her order pad. "Um, if you'd like to hear the specials-"

"No!" everyone shouted.

"S-sorry!" she said, and practically ran from the table.

"Oh, now look what you've done!" Alan complained.

"I didn't see you lending a sympathetic word," Monica fired back.

"Don't start!"

"It's my damn restaurant and I can do what I please!"

"Stuff it Edward!"

"Don't tell me what to do-"

"You think you're so high and mighty-"

Skye shook her head in disbelief and amusement. The argument was so heated you could barely tell who was shouting what. She turned to Jax and whispered, "Still think this was a good idea?"

"Most definitely," he whispered back. "This is better than HBO."

Jerry grinned. "This the reaction you were expecting?"

Tracy smirked. "With this family, you learn to expect the unexpected."

As the rest of the Qs were fighting, Jax raised his water glass. "To the heads of Titans- creating quite a stir already!" The four of them clinked glasses.

Edward looked at them. "What's this? Titans?"

"Oh, you'll see," Skye said. "You shall see."